2017 was a tough year for buying South Lake Tahoe real estate. “Blink and you’ll miss it” was a common saying by our local South Lake Tahoe realtors. So many appropriately priced properties came on the market and went pending pretty quickly, making it hard for a lot of buyers to get into a home for sale in South Lake Tahoe. Not only was inventory a factor, but so were increasing prices. 2018 is expected to start out in the same fashion, however, relief is expected in the last half of the year. Increasing prices will still be a factor, as will increased mortage rates (at some point), along with the tax reform for some. However, it is still a great year to buy South Lake Tahoe homes for sale, for multiple reasons! Check them out here:
- People want to be in charge of their living space. When you own South Lake Tahoe real estate, you can get a pet, make changes to the interior and exterior. Basically-you call the shots! The best part is, the upgrades you make to your real estate in South Lake Tahoe, you benefit from at resale. Be sure to chat with your South Lake Tahoe realtor about which upgrades get the best ROI. Not all are the same or worth the money. However, if you plan to be living in your property for a while, make the home your own. Because you can!
- Privacy and security are another reason folks buy homes for sale in South Lake Tahoe. You have control over who accesses your home and you don’t have to worry about sharing a wall or being under a noisy neighbor. Ask anyone who has rented in an apartment building before and the stomping around upstairs can be grating. Not to mention, you are dealing with other people’s guests coming and going at all hours. When you own real estate in South Lake Tahoe, you call the shots.
- Being involved in your local community is another perk of owning South Lake Tahoe real estate. This is how residents get civically involved. When you buy South Lake Tahoe homes for sale, you become invested in what is happening in your neighborhood as it can impact your living experience as well as your home value. This creates a sense of community that also adds to that special feeling of “home”.
- Living in a nicer home is another top reason to buy South Lake Tahoe homes for sale. Even if your budget only allows for a fixer upper, that is ok! Going back to one of our other reasons, you can make changes on your own time line within your budget and not have to answer to anyone.
- When you buys homes for sale in South Lake Tahoe, you have flexibility when it comes to future financial decisions. A mortgage payment can be thought of as basically making deposits into a savings account you can borrow from later on. Mortgage payments get equity, rent payments do not.
If you are interesting in purchasing a home in the area or want to speak with a South Lake Tahoe realtor, feel free to give me a call. I would be happy to help.